Opening of H&M Melbourne

Monday, April 28, 2014

Let's do a bit of a memory flashback

When I was in Year 8, my family went to America at the end of the year for a holiday. At that time I didn't really know much about the brands in America nor did I have an idea of fashion. All I knew was that clothes in America were cheaper than Australia. Since I didn't know much about fashion and brands in general, I didn't buy much while I was over there. The few things I did buy were from H&M.

Fast forward a few years later, I started to watch YouTube videos. That's when I started to know more about brands like Forever21, H&M, Sephora etc... All of these stores suits my style a lot and can be relatively cheap. That was when I started to regret not buying a lot while I was over there!

When I heard about H&M opening in Melbourne I was super excited. Not only will I be getting fashionable clothes but it was close too! The store opened up at the GPO which practically in the centre of the Melbourne city (how convenient!)

I had only been in the GPO once a few months earlier while they were doing renovations. At the time I assumed that a whole bunch of new stores were opening in the place but I was wrong! H&M took up the whole of GPO.

I was thoroughly impressed with the interior of the H&M store - it reminded me a lot of the one I went into while I was in New York. There were two levels for women's and the third level was a mix of kid's, men's and homeware.


The Main Entrance to H&M (Credits to Melbourne's GPO)


Before going to H&M I had warning that there still could be a line to get inside. I went almost a week later and yes there was still a line! But it wasn't too bad because we were only in like for around 15 minutes. Once we were in, my best friend and I went crazy! We were given massive shopping bags to put clothes into. Soon enough we filled up 2 whole shopping bags. By the time we got to the change room, the line was relatively small. It only took us around 5-10 to get into the change rooms.

The best thing about H&M was that there were a lot of basics for a good price! I basically stocked up on basic tops, t-shirts and whatnot. Everything I bought was around $12.95 which is incredible compared to standard Australian prices. With that being said, there were items that were more than that - all within a reason price. The quality was also pretty could for the price I was paying for.

Usually I'm not the type to spend a lot - if you ask any of my friends they'll complain that I never buy anything when I go shopping with them. They were wrong this time! For the first time I spent around $100 in one shopping trip. 

I am definitely coming back to H&M! Looking around the store, I could spot a lot of pieces that I would wear on a regular basis. I also spotted a few good work outfits too! I am not disappointed at all! 
Love,
Victoria

You Might Also Like

0 comments