Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake

Thursday, April 24, 2014

I naturally have fine eyebrows. Without any brow product I look like I have no eyebrows at all! In person it isn't too bad but when it comes to photos, it can wash me out and I can loose definition in my face. Over the past few years I've experimented with a few brow products but none have ever given me the right look until now. 

As a rule of thumb a lot of makeup artists/beauty gurus suggests that if you have light eyebrows (aka blonde hair), they you filled your brows in with a colour that is 2 shades darker than your natural eyebrows. As for dark eyebrows (brown/black), you shade with a colour that is 2 shades lighter than your eyebrows. I think it is generally a good tip but it doesn't help with me because I have such fine eyebrows that filling them in with a lighter shade does not do them justice!

I used to fill my brows in with a darkish brown pencil then I switched to brown brow powder. I still didn't get the right look. I did discover that I liked brow powder better since it's more natural looking. I did at one stage try my friend's grey liquid brow pencil which didn't look too bad. 

Eventually I ended up experimenting with eyeshadows and discovered that an off black eyeshadow (from my BH Cosmetics palette) worked well! I switched to using that before deciding that it was a bit of a hassle having to carrying around a massive eyeshadow palette where I was only using one colour.

I searched around and found that Illamasqua stocked brow powders that where made for black eyebrows too! HURRAY! It was probably one of the few makeup brands that cater for black eyebrows. I had previously found other brands but they were either pencils or too expensive! Illamasqua was a good compromise!


Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake in Glaze


I went to Myer to get myself tested and I absolutely love it! I got the shade Glaze which matches my hair colour well. I like the factor that I got moisten the product which will help it stay longer and become more intense. I really love this brow powder and it's part of my everyday makeup routine! 

If you have fine light eyebrows like me I would recommend using this product!

Love,
Victoria

You Might Also Like

0 comments