Yami Yami CBD

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Korean/Japanese
398 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne 3000

So on the first day of the holidays, I decided to catch up with my old time best friend. We decided that we would find a nice place to have lunch to celebrate her birthday. We were originally going to Mook Ji Bar, but when we got there, it was closed even though there was a sign saying that it opens at 11:30am. Instead, we walked along Lonsdale Street to find another place to eat and this place happened to catch our eye! It was still early when we sat down, but by the time we started eating, more people came.

Yaki Udon - Beef  $11

This was the dish that my friend ordered. There were different flavours for the Yaki Udon such as chicken and seafood, but she chose beef. I tried a bit of it...and it tasted so good! They definitely got the sauce right for it - enough flavour, but not too salty.  There was plenty of sauce and the noodles and beef had a chewy texture that left you wanting more.  

Bibimbap $13

I felt like trying a Bibimap so I ordered one of course! There was a special name for this one, but I forgot. It was nice, but the Yaki Udon was better. The beef was well marinated but I wish they would add some sauce to the rice so that it didn't taste so plain. The miso soup that came with it was nice but it was cold by the time I drank it. Lesson learned...have the soup first!

Miso Soup (came with the Bibimbap)

They also had complimentary side dishes. I don't know the exact names, but there were bean shoots, potatoes in a sweet sauce and kimchi flavoured cabbage. I absolutely loved the potatoes and the bean shoots (my personal favourite Korean dishes). I think that anyone who can stand spicy food would like the cabbage as well (I can't deal with spiciness, but I did like it).

It was a good find for sure. We just walked in since it looked like a nice place. Definitely going back to try some of their other dishes since there were gas stoves incorporated into the tables (covered by a metal plate). I assume they are for the hot soups on their menu which I need to try! I think it’s a good price for the quality and proportions - both my friend and I were full for a good 3-4 hours afterwards.

Price: $10-$15 standard dishes, $30-$40 for hot soups (for two people)

Rating: 3/5

Love

   Victoria

You Might Also Like

1 comments