Burch & Purchese

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Burch & Purchese
647 Chapel Street, South Yarra

During my exam period, my brother's girlfriend was nice enough to get me some desserts from South Yarra. I Initially thought that it would just be a pretty average dessert - nothing big or extravagant...but I was proven wrong.


Green Tea, Pistachio, Cassis, White Chocolate
Pistachio frangipane / cassis jelly / green tea meringue / pistachio cream / vanilla & white chocolate mousse / cassis curd / chocolate velvet spray, green tea sponge

This tasted amazing! I cannot describe just how delicious it tasted! There were pistachio pieces in the green tea sponge at the bottom which gave the dessert a nice crunch.  The outside layer was thick and creamy with a velvet spray finish. It was the first time I have ever seen this type of finish on a dessert! It was cherry flavoured in the middle and it had a thick texture like custard. There was also a cherry and a small piece of green tea sponge on top.


Chocolate, Pear, Hazelnut, Caramel (Gluten Free)
Poached pear & choco hazelnut biscuit / chocolate hazelnut spread, roast pear cream / buttery caramel / vanilla cream / dark chocolate mousse / dark chocolate velvet spray 

This was definitely as good the white one. Surprisingly, the chocolate flavour was not too rich in this. Looking at the descriptions they gave for this (written in the caption), it sounded as if it would taste like Nutella. The middle was split into two sections: one that had texture like custard and the other one like thick Asian-style jelly (this is the best description I can think of). The outside was covered in chocolate mousse with the velvet spray finish again. On top, there was a poached pear and caramel sauce.

Overall, I really like these desserts. It's probably the best dessert that I've tasted in a long time. Each piece is around $6 - $9 which is a good price for the quality! I plan on visiting the shop sometime these holidays to try out some of their other desserts.

Price: Moderate
Rating: 4-5/5

Love,
Victoria

You Might Also Like

0 comments