Holidays - My Birthday

Saturday, February 01, 2014


This year my best friend and I decided to do a joint birthday. We had a marvellous plan that looked good...until a month before. Everything we planned came crashing down. So we decided to have a beach party with a number of our close friends but once again everything didn't go according to plan. Long story short, we ended up having our joint birthday at my house in the downstairs area. 

It was hectic organising everything for the party! We were going to order a cake but found that it was too expensive so I decided that it would be fun to make our own cupcakes. We bought all of the materials to make both the stand and the cupcakes. The night that I came back from the Grampians I had to ice the cupcakes. It didn't turn out so bad - I haven't mastered the icing technique but it definitely turned out better than I expected. I have to work on perfect cupcakes sometimes, maybe one day I can make cupcakes for parties (a big dream I know but it doesn't hurt to dream right?)
The Cupakes!

There were three types of cupcakes that were made. The first were vanilla cupcakes with M&M's in the middle and chocolate icing. The second ones were chocolate cupcakes with a cookie dough centre and chocolate icing. The last set were our left overs (don't tell anyone!). They were all vanilla cupcakes with whatever icing we had left and M&M's sprinkled on top. 

On the day I went to the market to get some last minute supplies then headed to my best friend's house to give her a lift to mine. We started on the decorations but at the last minute one of my closest friends who claimed that they couldn't come showed up to my front door. It was a nice surprise but I immediately was worried that there wouldn't be enough chairs. Eventually it worked out: three big tables with chairs around them to fit 20ish people. 

It was lovely seeing everyone again from school. It saddens me that I may not see some of them again because we aren't close or it may not work with our university schedules. Either way I had a fantastic afternoon. A lot more people showed up than expected and it was nice to catch up with people who were missing in action. Soon enough my bed was filled with presents and people were chatting away downstairs. 

By the end of the afternoon I talked to everyone and tried to take a picture with everyone. All in all the party was a success. We winged it but it worked! My favourite moment was when someone shouted 'THERE ARE M&M's IN THE MIDDLE'. Everyone loved it so much that some were asking to have another one. By the end of it there were no cupcakes left. 

After everyone left, my three closest friends stayed behind. My best friend and I opened our presents together. I loved every single gift that I got. Usually people don't know what to get me and end up getting random objects that I don't ever use but this year everything I got was useful in one way or another. All gifts will be put to good use!

All of the present my best friend and I got!

Love,
Victoria

You Might Also Like

0 comments