Pablo Pablo (Gold Coast)

Sunday, April 20, 2014

2 5th Ave 
Palm Beach
QLD 4221

On the last night that we were in Gold Coast, we decided to go to a more local restaurant - somewhere closer to the place we were staying. Thanks to Urbanspoon, we found a nice Spanish place in Palm Beach (the area where we were staying). I had never had any Spanish food before this so I was excited to try it.

This place was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Definitely a good way to end the trip. All dishes were made to share - Tapas style. This place had a similar vibe to Little Creatures in Melbourne: a cozy and dimmed light atmosphere. Everything about the place was perfect: the food, the waitress and the atmosphere. Everything just matched. I cannot express how much I love this place. If I were to ever go back to the Gold Coast again then I would definitely come back.

The food was cooked to perfection! A little more on the pricer side for a student but you are paying for what you're getting for. At places like these I don't mind spend that bit extra because you're getting good quality food. 

The drinks we ordered *I don't remember the name*

Esparragos: Green asparagus, olive oil, saffron aioli, thyme crumb

Champinones Al Ajillo: Garlic mushrooms

Specials Menu: Scallops

Speicals Menu: Cuttlefish

Chiles Y Gambas Al Ajillo (4): Prawns, roast pepper paste, spinach, crushed potatoes

Chocolate Con Churros: Spanish doughnuts, warm chocolate

Crema Catalana: Spanish style ‘creme brulee’, star anise, pistachio floss

I forgot to take a picture of one the other dishes we had: mussels with breadcrumb on top of them. All of the dishes were really good! If I had to pick my top 3 it would be the Prawns, Mussels and Churros. I had been craving Churros for the whole trip and when I had it here it was perfection! I have never had Churros like this before. The outside was crispy but the inside was still soft and gloopy. That's when I told myself, this is what a Churro really tastes like if it's done correctly. 

Price: Approx. $10 - $20 per dish (to share)
Rating: 5/5 

You Might Also Like

0 comments